At Eastside Dermatology, we know that there’s nothing worse than having super oily skin in the summertime. Luckily, with a few quick and easy fixes and switches, you can avoid that dreaded oily skin in the summer, and all year long. Here are a few of our favorite tips and tricks to do just that:
1. Even if you don’t typically get break outs, switch to a cleaner that will fight zits to keep your skin looking matte. Choose one with 2% salicylic acid to help break down oil in the pores without over drying.
2. Skip your moisturizer in the morning and instead slather on a mineral-based sunblock or one that uses denatured alcohol, which makes the skin matte.
3. Instead of using foundation in the summer, which can melt into your pores and clog them, in turn producing more oil, switch to a tinted moisturizer. Tinted moisturizers will form a shield over your skin and keep your makeup where it belongs.
4. Don’t use a heavy cream on your face before going to bed. Instead switch to a lotion or a hydrating serum. Make sure whatever product you use contains salicylic or glycolic acid, pore-shrinking caffeine or anti-inflammatory naicinamide.
5. When all else fails, buy a pack of oil blotters and store them in your purse or car. These pieces of paper will absorb oil when you lay them against your skin and are easy and convenient to use anytime, anywhere.
Now, you have some great tips to keep your skin oil-free all summer long. If you need some product recommendations, we’d be happy to help. Give us a call at 614-863-3222 to make an appointment. Visit our website at www.eastsidedermatology.com to learn more about our practice!