Invent

Top Skin Cosmetic Procedures in Columbus, Ohio


Let’s face the truth. Everyone has skin problems at some point in their life. Whether it is acne, moles or eczema, it is imperative to get the proper treatment in order for the skin to return to its healthy state. Eastside Dermatology, one of Columbus’ most respected dermatology centers, provides a full range of cosmetic procedures and exams. Here’s our list of top 5 cosmetic procedures in the Columbus, Ohio area.

1. Acne: Acne is a skin condition that is believed to affect teens and young adults. In fact, stress and changes in hormone levels can cause adults to have the condition too! It was believed that drinking water aided in acne prevention. Statistics show that diet is only 25% of the picture when it comes to acne. The other 75% is influenced by hormones, sleep and stress, which means that there are no “super foods” for acne prevention.

2. Eczema: Eczema is described as a red, itchy, dry and flaky skin condition that can appear on any part of the body. Eczema is most commonly found in infants. However, it runs in families, which means that it can affect people at any stage in their lives. Did you know that people with eczema have a higher risk of developing asthma? Common triggers include stress, contact with irritants (soaps, detergents, fragrances, fabrics) and climate (extreme cold or heat).

3. Age Spots: Age Spots, technically known as “solar lentigines”, are caused by continued exposure to the sun. These brown or grayish spots can appear on the hands, chest, neck and face. Over-the-counter products have proved to be less successful than the prescription drugs or procedures you can receive at clinics like Eastside Dermatology.

4. Moles:  Moles are brown or black growths that can appear anywhere on the skin. Moles occur when cells in the skin grow in a cluster instead of being spread throughout the skin. On average, a person can have between 10-40 moles by the time they are 30 years old.  Moles can be benign (non-cancerous) or malignant (cancerous), which is why it is vital to visit a dermatologist if you notice changes in shape, color or size.

5. Skin Cancer: Skin cancer is the most common of all human cancers. In the United States alone, there are an estimated 1 million people diagnosed with skin cancer each year. Skin cancer forms when normal cells undergo a transformation and grow and multiply without normal controls. Like other cancers, skin cancer starts as precancerous lesions. These lesions can include tumors and moles. Last, early treatment and diagnosis will increase the chances of having a speedy recovery.

Eastside Dermatology has locations in the Hilliard and Eastside area of Columbus, Ohio. Dr. Alan Parks and his team have extensive experience with treating many skin conditions, including the ones list above and more. To view a full menu of medical and surgical dermatology options, visit Eastside Dermatology online or dial (614)-515-5588 to book a skin consultation today!

Our Locations

Two convenient locations to better serve you:

Columbus:
150 Taylor Station Rd. Suite 250
Columbus
Ohio 43213

Hilliard:
4617 Leap Ct.,
Hilliard
Ohio 43026

Our Promise

At Eastside Dermatology, Dr. Alan Parks and his entire team are dedicated to providing the highest quality cosmetic and surgical skin care for their Columbus and Hilliard, Ohio-area patients.

Eastside Dermatology & Skin Care Center is associated with the DocShop patient education network. DocShop.com is an informational resource for patients considering dermatology treatments.

Visit also our social profiles:

Scroll to top