It’s 2013 (I know, we can’t believe it either) and as with every New Year, there comes New Years resolutions. Well, this year, ours is to take extra great care of our skin. Want to make that your New Year’s resolution too? Here are some tips to get you started:
1. Once summer turns to fall and the days become shorter, many of us pack away our sunscreen with our bathing suits and flip flops. Well, our first tip is to wear sunscreen all year round, no matter what the temperature or the weather. Not only will wearing sunscreen keep your skin looking healthy and young, it will also help protect against skin cancer.
2. If you can’t seem to remember to put sunscreen on every day (or if you just want even more protection), wear a makeup that contains SPF. This will ensure that your skin stays healthy and protected from the sun no matter what you’re doing. Need a recommendation for a great makeup with SPF? We love GloMinerals and even carry it in our office.
3. The first part of this tip is to wash your face daily (though we’re sure many of you think that’s a no-brainer). When you do wash your face though, use your hands rather than a washcloth or other abrasive product. Using your hands will ensure that your skin stays smooth and does not get irritated.
4. Moisturize! There’s nothing that can make you feel worse in the wintertime than having dry and peeling skin. Moisturize daily with a light, unscented moisturizer and your skin is sure to stay smooth and hydrated even in the driest and coldest months.
5. Remember that nobody knows more about skin than a dermatologist…. And, it’s always better to be safe than sorry. If you have spots on your body that look darker than brown, or if you have any sores that aren’t healed after a month, call us and we’ll schedule you an appointment to get checked out.